Code Falchion
April 20, 2024, 06:00:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Basic Ground Rules

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Basic Ground Rules  (Read 241 times)
marthaurion0
Administrator

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2009, 03:05:10 pm »

1. Keep it clean. Children play this game, after all. Don't be an idiot, basically.
2. Please don't ask to be made a mod. My gym leaders and E4 will be made mods, and I'll choose other people based on my opinion of them.
3. This is important. All Gym Leader slots are not contestable unless the leader agrees to battle you for it. I choose my leaders and I will likely replace them if they become too inactive. They are not for you to choose. At the moment, there will only be Gym Leaders. I will choose the ones that perform the best and make them E4. Until all 8 slots are filled, I will act as a gym leader as well.
4. The gym leaders may be challenged in any order, with the exception of me. I don't have all the free time in the world, so don't challenge me unless you beat my other leaders.
5. Please do not challenge a gym leader more than once a day. They have lives too, and they can't just sit there and wait for your challenges all day like the no-life gym leaders in the game.
6. Suggestions are welcome...Please feel free to make them. I'm a pretty open guy, and you can pm me any time. Please don't whine to me about a gym leader's rules, though. I give them the right to make their own, and I will judge their rules. Just keep in mind that these gym leaders are playing against you with teams that you might know, and teams that are mostly limited to one type. Also, if you want, you can also add me on AIM and give me suggestions there or ask to be a gym leader and stuff. My AIM screen name is simple, just marthaurion.
7. Also, I haven't decided what the reward for beating a gym leader will be. More than likely either a badge icon in the sig or a hacked pokemon made by them or me...something like that. Suggestions for that are welcome.
8. Have fun Tongue
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 11:56:19 pm by marthaurion0 » Report Spam   Logged

I, Lelouch vi Britannia, command you, be my slave and obey my commands.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ailj168

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 01:18:10 am »

They say you can never go home again.

Well, you can. Only you might find yourself staying at a Trave Lodge, driving a rented Ford Contour and staking out your childhood home like some noir private eye just trying to catch a glimpse of the Johnny-come-latelys that are now living in YOUR HOUSE.
luna gold,
  It's a familiar story. luna gold Kids grow up, parents sell the family home and move to some sunnier climate, some condo somewhere, some smaller abode. We grown up kids box up all the junk from our childhoods—dusty ballet shoes, high school text books, rolled up posters of Adam Ant—and wonder where home went.

I'm not a sentimental person, I told myself. I don't need to see old 3922 26th Street before we sell the place. I even skipped the part where I return home to salvage my mementos from the garage. I let my parents box up the stuff which arrived from San Francisco like the little package you get when released from jail. You know, here's your watch, the outfit you wore in here, some cash. Here's the person you once were.

After a year, San Francisco called me home again. I missed it. High rents had driven all my friends out of the city to the suburbs so I made myself a reservation at a motel and drove there in a rented car.
wow cd keys,
  The next day, wow cd keys I cruised over to my old neighborhood. There was the little corner store my mom used to send me to for milk, the familiar fire station, the Laundromat.

I walked up and touched the doorknob like it was the cheek of a lover just home from war. I noticed the darker paint where our old mezuzah used to be. I sat on our scratchy brick stoop, dangling my legs off the edge, feeling as rootless as I've ever felt.
World of Warcraft power leveling,
  You can't go home in a lot of ways, World of Warcraft power leveling I discovered that night, when I met up with an ex-boyfriend.

What am I, the LensCrafters of social engagements?
cheap wow gold,
  As it happens, cheap wow gold his new girlfriend wasn't too keen on my homecoming. We had a quick drink and he dropped me back off at my motel where I scrounged up my change to buy some Whoppers from the vending machine for dinner. I settled in for the evening to watch "Three to Tango" on HBO.

My brother and I met up at our old house, like homing pigeons. We walked down the street for some coffee and I 19)filled him in on my trip. He convinced me to stay my last night at his new place in San Bruno, just outside the city. I'll gladly pay $98 a night just for the privilege of not inconveniencing anyone, but he actually seemed to want me.
world of warcraft power leveling,
  "I love having guests," world of warcraft power leveling he insisted. So I went.

It's surprising how late in life you still get that "I can't believe I'm a grown-up feeling," like when your big brother, the guy who used to force you to watch "Gomer Pyle" reruns, owns his own place. It was small and sparse and he had just moved in but it was his. The refrigerator had nothing but mustard, a few cheese slices and fourteen cans of Diet 7-Up.

Insomniacs rarely fall asleep on people's couches, I assure you. I don't know why I slept so well after agonizing all weekend over the question of home, if I had one anymore, where it was. I only know that curled up under an old sleeping bag, the sound of some second-rate guy movie playing in the background, my brother in a chair next to me, I felt safe and comfortable and maybe that's part of what home is.
2moons dil,
  But it's not the whole story. 2moons dil As much as I'd like to buy the cliches about home being where the heart is, or as Robert Frost put it, "The place where when you have to go there, they have to take you in," a part of me thinks the truth is somewhere between the loftiness of all those platitudes and the concreteness of that wooden door on 26th street.

I'll probably be casing that joint from time to time for the rest of my life. I'll sit outside, like a child watching someone take away a favorite toy, and silently scream, "MINE!"

We picked up some Taco Bell
Report Spam   Logged
simluo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 01:15:41 am »

vIf you fought with yourreplica sunglasses sweetheart last night, does that mean that your relationship is on the rocks?Maybe. Maybe not.Research shows it's how we fight -- where, when, what tone of voice and words we use, whether we hear each other out fairly -- that's critical.  A few years ago, they had a serious spat while driving down Interstate 5 in California. The topic was a sore one: His adult daughters from his first marriage. Ms. Bleuel felt her husband paid more attention to them than to her replica sunglasses.
Designer SunGlasses
Suddenly, Ms. Bleuel, who was driving, saw red lights flashing behind her. Glancing quickly at her speedometer, she realized she was traveling 96 miles per hour in 65 mph zone. She pulled over, and a policeman approached the car. Before she had a chance to speak, though, her husband said: 'Officer, it is my fault. I was arguing with my wife and she got upset.'Ms. Bleuel, a 64-year-old psychotherapist from Westlake Village, Calif., says that the policeman looked stunned, then replied: 'Oh boy, I know what it's like  Designer SunGlasses
sunglasses replica
The latest findings from his research, published in June in the 'Journal of Family Psychology,' show that couples who reported they had negative communication before marriage -- criticizing each other's opinions, rolling their eyes, leaving the room --  mini-skirts, how to a pack and whether to buy mayonnaise or Miracle Whip. One man said he and his girlfriend argue over whether to argue sunglasses replica.
replica sunglasses
Diana Miller, a 65-year-old financial advisor from San Diego, once fought with a former boyfriend over Trout Amandine. She had spent more than an hour preparing it one evening. Her boyfriend loved the dinner, she says, but he became upset when she tossed the leftover wrapper and fish skin in the trash.I couldn't believe how unhappy he became about a potential fish stench when I had just cooked this great meal,' she says.I felt underappreciated and furious.' Ms. Miller responded by stomping her foot and telling her boyfriend that she was going for a walk  replica sunglasses.
Why do we do this? For starters, many of us learned by watching our parents have destructive arguments -- or bottle up their anger and give each other the silent treatment. 'The longer a conflict stews, the more likely we are going to get into catastrophe mode,' says Jennifer Samp, associate professor in the speech communication department at the University of Georgia and a fellow at the Institute for Behavioral Research last chaos gold.
'We are mulling it and thinking about it and it will become bigger and scarier and more threatening than if we are able to talk about it if it just comes up,' she says.Dr. Markman has developed a method, for helping couples settle disputes, called the 'speaker-listener technique,' which he details in a newly-revised edition of a book he wrote with several colleagues: 'Fighting for Your Marriage.'He says that couples who have a disagreement should call a 'couple's meeting' to discuss the issue without looking for a solution -- and set a time limit of 15 minutes. They may flip a coin to see who speaks  Designer Glasses first.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum